concern status for summer flounder [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : concern status for summer flounder

kraus
07-01-2016, 03:28 PM
https://deq.nc.gov/press-release/one-species-reclassified-2016-stock-status-report

letmefish
07-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Oh boy,

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Now lets see... what can I post that will INSTANTLY start an argument??? I wonder... what could it be.....????

Oh... I got it!!!!

It's the commercial fisherman's fault.... and inshore trawling!!!! :popcorn:

Garboman
07-08-2016, 12:30 AM
Oh boy,

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Now lets see... what can I post that will INSTANTLY start an argument??? I wonder... what could it be.....????

Oh... I got it!!!!

It's the commercial fisherman's fault.... and inshore trawling!!!! :popcorn:

What happened to Herb, did CCA or his Mom, cut off his internet connection?

ez2cdave
07-08-2016, 12:32 AM
Our fishing is being incrementally taken away from us . . . Bit by bit, relentlessly !

bronzbck1
07-08-2016, 08:36 PM
Surf fishing was lowered by 100%. The season is closed when they come out of the sounds

Drumdum
07-08-2016, 08:52 PM
How about it's the ones running the fisheries fault?? You put in a reg to target female flounder, males being mostly under 15".. Then you expect folks that have guthooked 13" fish to throw them back.. ??? As far as coms fault, it's the folks that are running the thing.. IMHO ez2cdave actually has it right on this,and it seems as though everyone is blind..Especially those that involve themselves with groups like cca and think they are actually helping the rec fishermen.. :rolleyes:

cooper138
07-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Daves hit two home runs the past couple days.

letmefish
07-08-2016, 11:43 PM
What is CCA by the way???

Drumdum
07-09-2016, 08:06 AM
What is CCA by the way???

It is the group of "fishermen" that have went to bed with enviros and are slowly finding out that enviros are using them instead of the reverse..

ez2cdave
07-09-2016, 11:14 AM
It is the group of "fishermen" that have went to bed with enviros and are slowly finding out that enviros are using them instead of the reverse..

Well said . . . Those "fishermen" have definitely been "catching" and not "pitching" and have been "bending the rest of us over", too !

letmefish
07-09-2016, 06:23 PM
Seems like a sad situation to me. Glad I'm not a part of it. Especially the "catching and pitching" part. Ouch!!! I hope they at least lube up first. :) Dry with no grease is rough.... hehehe pun intended. :)