Rodanthe Report [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Rodanthe Report

Hattersman
04-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Just got back from 4 days at Rodanthe Peir. Saturday was a mixed bag with nice Blues and Big Croaker. No Drum.
Sunday we got into big Croaker and Blues early and then the Sharks & Skates started. It was NE windy and freezing. 1 Puppy early.
Monday it fell apart, There was 8 of us out there and only 1 guy really got stuff. Mostly Croaker and 1 Black Drum (long and skinny), Southerly winds.
Today was so windy we packed up and went home. The rest of this week is supposed to be rain. Sounds like I will wait two weeks before we try agaiin.
Keep a tight line ............ :rolleyes:

HuskyMD
04-09-2003, 08:09 AM
Hattersman,
Never been to Rodanthe, but we have a week booked in a cottage there the last week in June.
What did you fish with? Bottom fishing with standard double rig? Fish finder rig?
What kind of bait worked well?
What parts of the pier produced best?

Thanks for any answers you can give me. That can only help me with strategy for when I go in June.

*BRANDON*
04-09-2003, 08:54 AM
BRING A HEAVER AND FISH THE BOTTOM WITH A CHUNK OF CUT BAIT TO CATCH COBIA. BRING A ROD TO CATCH BAIT FISH WITH. BRING A JIG ROD TO THROW GOTCHA PLUGS TO BLUES AND SPANISH. FIRST LIGHT IS A GOOD TIME TO GET INTO THE SPANISH AND BLUES. IF YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT YOU CAN SETUP A KING RIG. O YEAH AND HAVE FUN :D .

HuskyMD
04-09-2003, 11:58 AM
sounds good. Looking forward to it.

got'em hooked
04-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Hey guy's im going to be in nags head for all of next week. Any suggestions on what i can catch and where..... I have a 10'6" tica surf rod and 2 ugly sticks ultra lite and a heavy catfish. Is there anything else I should bring or leave...... Thanx :cool: