Lockwood Folley or Cape Fear [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Lockwood Folley or Cape Fear

Got Fish?
06-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Quick question. Where do you guys have the most luck on oak island, closer to the Lockwood folley inlet or closer to the cape fear River?

bferg
06-09-2015, 12:12 PM
I don't have a whole lot of experience there, but I have had better luck on the west end of the island (Lockwoods Folly).

dbigsby
06-09-2015, 01:37 PM
Same for me. I usually fish Lockwood Folly. A few flounder and trout are showing up now,but bait is still scarce.

Got Fish?
06-11-2015, 01:24 PM
That's where I have best luck. Do you fish in the inlet or on the surf side?

dbigsby
06-11-2015, 05:03 PM
I usually fish in the inlet in the spring and summer. Too many people in the water on the surfside this time of year. In the fall I fish the surfside some, especially when the water turns cooler.

Got Fish?
06-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I usually fish in the inlet in the spring and summer. Too many people in the water on the surfside this time of year. In the fall I fish the surfside some, especially when the water turns cooler.

any tips for in the inlet (Baits, etc. ) every time I try the inlet I don't catch anything or even get bites. Any tips?

dbigsby
06-12-2015, 10:56 AM
I always use live bait on a Carolina rig. Around high tide is best because it gets so shallow there at low tide.