Frisco pier question [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Frisco pier question

jtsnake
04-21-2015, 09:58 PM
I've enjoyed fishing from the surf around the old Frisco pier area in the past. However, I've seen mention of NPS taking over the structure with a plan to remove it. Has that happened or is it still accessible? I'll be down next month and need a place to fish for a day or two before my friends with 4x4s arrive. Thanks in advance.

Drumdum
04-22-2015, 06:43 AM
I've enjoyed fishing from the surf around the old Frisco pier area in the past. However, I've seen mention of NPS taking over the structure with a plan to remove it. Has that happened or is it still accessible? I'll be down next month and need a place to fish for a day or two before my friends with 4x4s arrive. Thanks in advance.

Nps already owns it,as well as the driveway.. What's left of pier is still there and you can access..

jtsnake
04-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Nps already owns it,as well as the driveway.. What's left of pier is still there and you can access..

Thanks! I knew they had purchased it a few years ago and had made mention of taking it down. Didn't know if they had done it yet.

Drumdum
04-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Thanks! I knew they had purchased it a few years ago and had made mention of taking it down. Didn't know if they had done it yet.

As I understood it,the pier house is what they will take down,old pilings are going to be cut off I assume... Wish nps would take some of their "extra bird and extra ramp $" to actually build Frisco back.. It is a pier that could hang in there at that spot a while and get less damage than either Avon or Rodanthe in that location.. IF it was built back right..... If they were actually looking for ways to lower # of crowds and vehicles on the beach as they say,this would most definitely help... Would supplement the walkovers and that pier ALWAYS caught fish... jmo..

ERICBREGMAN
04-26-2015, 02:11 PM
It's unfortunate that I never got to fish that pier...I had heard a rumor a while back about the state buying Frisco pier and giving it the Jeanette's makeover if Jeanette's could be financially self sustaining. But my guess is that it was just that...a rumor. And, due to the fact that selling Jeanette's was on the table a year or so back, I suspect it will never happen down in Frisco.

jtsnake
04-26-2015, 10:36 PM
Would love to see an all concrete structure similar to Johnny Mercers in Wrightsville, but the odds of NPS doing the right thing are nil.