Question: Fishing at Topsail in early May this year [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Question: Fishing at Topsail in early May this year

wyatts dad
04-03-2015, 09:14 AM
We have been going here for a while to avoid the costs of high season. Fishing has been good enough in the surf to keep the little guy interested, but I was wanting to step it up a bit. When we made our reservation they said the north end of the beach got beat real hard this winter. They said that they may still be pumping sand up when we get there. Just in case it hurts our surf fishing efforts, what would be the best choice for a headboat within reasonable drive from topsail? About how long to get there and how your experience with them was? I noticed some choices in Morehead and Wilmington, but dont know anybody that has used any of these places.

jb1edlover
04-03-2015, 01:15 PM
I've used the Winner queen or the one out of Carolina Beach, and Capt Stacy out of Atlantic beach. Both were good but based purely on results I'm leaning towards Capt Stacy.... Cost about the same. Distance from Topsail is probably closer to Carolina Beach..

don brinson
04-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Have fished on the Vonda Kay , it was out of topsail beach for a while. It maybe st W.B. Now

smacks fanatic
04-04-2015, 06:49 PM
The only headboat going out of Topsail right now is the Queen Jean. Its owned by the same people who run the Vonda Kay which is now located in wrightsville.