Pier and Surf Forum banner

From Newport News looking for places to fish

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Shooter 
#1 ·
I'm trying to find some places for saltwater fishing on this side of the water. People on here seem like they really know the Peninsula so I was hoping people could shoot me in the right direction. Thanks fellas

#5 ·
There is a pier on 16th st. in Newport News. Not directly behind Riverside Hospital, but if you go behind Riverside hospital, you will see the pier on 16th st. its only a block or two away, so you can't miss it

the pier behind lincoln park, if you're new to the area, I wouldn't suggest going there at night.

Buckroe Beach pier is open 24 hours, wrist bands good from 6am-6am. $8 without FL, $6 with FL

I've never been to James River Bridge pier, but I've heard it is basically the best spot to fish as far as catching croaker and also catfish which come from the river. It's slightly more expensive then Buckroe I believe

Ft. Monroe has a pier open, free of charge. Also one of the better spots. It used to be a military base, but it isn't anymore and is free to the public

#6 ·
u got the green mile witch is all the way down jefferson. 16th street pier but u dont want to go out there them crabbers tend to b in the way and plus them dudes with the openface reels out in the front give ppl a hard time yorktown pier and the 1 right on the other side of the colemen bridge

#7 ·
#9 ·
This is where History reading comes into play,,,, there is another little icon to click on and will take you into another whole world of info, it's called the "Advanced Search" it is located top right of any page, just click on it and type in Seagull pier and you will see the entire history of fishing from there and what has been caught. http://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-forum/search.php

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.