Pier and Surf Forum banner

Buckroe Pier

Question: 
2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  saltwaterrunner 
#1 ·
The pier should be opening April 1st next week, and I was wondering if anyone knows what will be biting around there at this time. I've only been there once for striper last year, and one person said that the croaker fishing is good during the early season. Will the croaker be around at that time? I usually don't fish this early, but I'm going to try this time because I haven't been out that much this year. Thanks for any info that is provided!

#2 ·
ya won't know till ya go,but i would think rockfish,maybe a stray pup or trout,if the dang water would warm up it would push the croaker in,maybe a white perch.just guessing(like a weatherman),go on out and report back,inquiring minds wanna know!

#13 ·
The siting from the pier was valid. They were far out and the school was very big. According to local fish experts they were just passing by and heading up the rivers and creeks for awhile. Also, the stripers are still inside for spawning. I walked the buckroe area this am with a thermometer, on a 15 ft cord, tossing it out best I could. Took four readings in different locations. They ranged from 46-49 degrees. The time was between 9-10 am. Knowing shallow water warms and cools faster, the ends of the pier should be slightly higher.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.