Pier and Surf Forum banner

51-inch, 48-pound rockfish landed off Sandy Point

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  zam 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Yep, it has been tough in the mid bay. Sam and I went out Sunday in the fog and I mean the thickest fog I have ever seen ( thank the good Lord Sam was running the boat ) and we only managed 2 in the 20" range and one at 38". The other boats in our area were doing about the same. Still with a party of only 2 guys they were happy. The boys down by the HI and south bouy were clobbering them.

#7 ·
That fish was checked in at anglers near Sandy pt..its hard to tell where it was actually caught, you can travel a long way with a large boat, especially if its trailered. plus you have to keep in mind that the guy that caught it is the president of the DC MSSA and he supposedly caught it just before the tournament, then used the picture to promote the tournament

#8 ·
Zam: Is there something wrong with that? Also, 9-rock - I fish pretty hard, not sure if I am a blind squirell, maybe more like near sigted with a limp. Fish was caught 2 miles south of the bay bridge West of Brickhouse Bar, 60' of water, western edge of channel, red/white 21 tony back 300', 2.5 knots.

#9 ·
PS, I am no longer the president of the DCMSSA. I was promoted to treasurer :). Come out to Steamers the first wednesday of each month and say hello. The January meeting is actually on Jan 9, and will be our club swap meet. Bring some $$ and gear to Buy/Sell/Trade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.