Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 51-inch, 48-pound rockfish landed off Sandy Point

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Crofton, Maryland
    Posts
    789

    51-inch, 48-pound rockfish landed off Sandy Point

    I don't know why it takes so long for someone to come up with this big fish so I am volunteering. Hope this work.


    http://www.capitalgazette.com/sports...df1eb2b5c.html


    If the above link does not work, type www.capitalgazette.com and insert Kevin Corbin and Jeremy Bendler in the advanced search in the upper right corner to obtain the article and picture.

    Don't get in an uproar to go to SPSP. Note the "landed" which mean caught from a boat.



    Happy Drooling!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Berlin,MD
    Posts
    37
    http://bayweekly.com/articles/sporti...nty-chesapeake That was a few weeks back. To bad they were out pre-fishing for the MSSA Tourney. If they had caught it in the tourney it would have won some big money.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    546
    Like your green cart, yeah not going to get excited. I would if I caught it though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chesapeake beach md
    Posts
    667
    There's been stragglers hundreds of boats on the water and very very few fish caught its a blind Sqirrel finding a acorn

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cape May,NJ Via Hilo HI
    Posts
    17,629
    Nice fish. Our boat guys up this way have been crushing them. Surf...not so good.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Dunkirk, Md.
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by 9 rock View Post
    There's been stragglers hundreds of boats on the water and very very few fish caught its a blind Sqirrel finding a acorn
    Yep, it has been tough in the mid bay. Sam and I went out Sunday in the fog and I mean the thickest fog I have ever seen ( thank the good Lord Sam was running the boat ) and we only managed 2 in the 20" range and one at 38". The other boats in our area were doing about the same. Still with a party of only 2 guys they were happy. The boys down by the HI and south bouy were clobbering them.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Rosedale MD
    Posts
    288
    That fish was checked in at anglers near Sandy pt..its hard to tell where it was actually caught, you can travel a long way with a large boat, especially if its trailered. plus you have to keep in mind that the guy that caught it is the president of the DC MSSA and he supposedly caught it just before the tournament, then used the picture to promote the tournament

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by zam View Post
    That fish was checked in at anglers near Sandy pt..its hard to tell where it was actually caught, you can travel a long way with a large boat, especially if its trailered. plus you have to keep in mind that the guy that caught it is the president of the DC MSSA and he supposedly caught it just before the tournament, then used the picture to promote the tournament
    Zam: Is there something wrong with that? Also, 9-rock - I fish pretty hard, not sure if I am a blind squirell, maybe more like near sigted with a limp. Fish was caught 2 miles south of the bay bridge West of Brickhouse Bar, 60' of water, western edge of channel, red/white 21 tony back 300', 2.5 knots.
    Yank 'em and Bank 'em!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,164
    PS, I am no longer the president of the DCMSSA. I was promoted to treasurer . Come out to Steamers the first wednesday of each month and say hello. The January meeting is actually on Jan 9, and will be our club swap meet. Bring some $$ and gear to Buy/Sell/Trade.
    Yank 'em and Bank 'em!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    1,164
    There I go again... Using a big fish to promote the MSSA. Ha.

    -Jeremy
    Yank 'em and Bank 'em!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chesapeake beach md
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBay View Post
    Zam: Is there something wrong with that? Also, 9-rock - I fish pretty hard, not sure if I am a blind squirell, maybe more like near sigted with a limp. Fish was caught 2 miles south of the bay bridge West of Brickhouse Bar, 60' of water, western edge of channel, red/white 21 tony back 300', 2.5 knots.
    Ya thats the point it takes hard fishing alot off boats are not catching many if any ,,although it has picked up the last couple of weeks , but no where near what it was a few yrs back where it was like shooting tuna in a barrel ,,



    9

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Rosedale MD
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBay View Post
    Zam: Is there something wrong with that?
    No I don't think theres nothing wrong with that

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •