Pier and Surf Forum banner

i got a question, street legal dirtbikes allowed on the beach?

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  notso 
#1 ·
with the price of gas being sky high, my 4x4 is too expensive to drive to the beach as often as I'd like. would a dual sport bike be allowed on the beaches in NC? from what i have read, if it's street legal, it's ok, but I wanted to see if anyone had seen it in action.

thanks

#4 ·
Not very practicle..

and not easy to do. I have seen them on the Beach, but to me it looks like a constant battle to stay upright. Not easy to do and sand would get all into your gear.. If its Tagged and Insured there is little they can say.. But as far as it being Fishing Transportation, not praticle.. Still gonna need a Permit..

JAM

#7 ·
As someone who worked in the motorcycle industry for over 15 years, I'd say it's doeable, but not easy.
The typical bigger dual sports that would be decent for riding 100+ miles there and back would be miserable top heavy beasts in deep sand on the beach.
The one dual sport that I can think of that might be decent on the beach is a Yamaha TW 200 (semi baloon tires), but it would be terrible to do any real miles getting there.
A better option (for saving on gas) would be a compact car and a beach cart.
JMHO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.