Pier and Surf Forum banner

Where to fish in Dover, DE?

Question: 
6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  thr3e 
#1 ·
Heading to Dover, DE this Thursday evening to accompany a friend, he has a job over there this Friday. He didn't want to drive alone, and plus he knows I like to fish, and go to Delaware sometimes so he bribed me with "hey you can take the car and go fish while i'm working at the client's site" and Company paid Gas & Hotel stay, lol needless to say, I go sucker'ed in and said Yes.

I Wanted to know if anyone know any place not too far from that area where I can fish? Mainly do some jigging for flounders, or catch spot, croaker, stripers... etc

I've been to CHSP & IRI many times, that's about an hour away from where we're staying - I googled it. Is there any place that's closer to Dover in the Del Bay?

I'm not trying to steal your spot or spot burn, feel free if you want to PM me, it would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
cool thanks, I'll do that.
yeah never seen anything about Del river, what about the Bay? Seem close enough to Dover, maybe 15-20min drive tops.
Im not driving an hour by myself to CHSP for sure, googled it, it's about (50miles) from our stay.

#4 ·
if you're in dover bowers beach is just south of there and you can catch a headboat out of there for flounder, coaker,ect. if you're determined to fish from land then port mahon is due east of dover just follow rt8 east ( n little creek road) to rt9 turn right and look for port mahon rd. there is a pier there but i haven't fished there in years but there used to be croakers, spot,and the occasional flounder caught there. good luck and don't forget the insect repellent you're going to need it.

#6 ·
Thanks Mark, for the info, Port Mahon was only about 10min away from our stay.
So I went down there and fished about an hr. Jigged around for flounder, no takers and no bite.
Few others were catching spots and crabbing, only saw a couple of spots landed, and a few small crabs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.