Thread: Night surf fishing Myrtle Beach??

Night surf fishing Myrtle Beach??

Anybody ever tried night surf fishing down there?? how is it, and what bait to use? Going down there for Memorial Weekend and planning to night surf fish and pier fish. Thanks!!!

I fish every night at myrtle when I.come down! Your.gonna get into a lot.of sharks.and I've caught rays croakers and whiting I use shrimp if I'm targeting bait fish and if I'm targeting something else I use bait accordingly

I catch a good number of whiting off of the piers at night. You just have to try all of the baits you can cause they can be picky. Shrimp, cut bluefish, cut mullet during the summer/fall, clam strips, ect.

Sometimes that's the only time you can fish because during the day time hours there are to many people in the water to fish. I even heard your not allowed to fish during the day. Caught alot at night 40 weak fish in 3 hrs behind the Holiday Inn one night using Mullet last Oct.

Yes you are allowed to fish during the day,just have to stay atleast 20 feet from swimmers,, i do it everyday.

thanks every1!!!

A life gaurd told me there were set times and i wasnt allowed to fish after 10 am until night

Quote Originally Posted by Reddrum_sc_mb View Post
    A life gaurd told me there were set times and i wasnt allowed to fish after 10 am until night
    don't fish where there is a lifeguard, that means too many swimmers in that area!!!!!!!

Ive got no where else to go (dont drive yet) so i wake up at 4am and fish untill 10am then from 7pm 'til at most 3am and i catch a bunch of fish but not gamefish mostly sharks at night then gamefish in the morning. Then sometime i'll go to the pier here and there when i get a ride and the money.
    Last edited by Reddrum_sc_mb; 06-27-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Screwed up