Thread: How big a tire for '99 suburban?

How big a tire for '99 suburban?

How big a tire can you fit without doing any modifications to the truck? ( '99 Suburban, 1500 series, 4x4, factory rims)

I put 285/75R16 on my 1997 Sub, no rubbing at all. I did move up to an 8" rim though, factory was 7".

Send me some money and I know where tyo take it..lol We get done it will be riding on 44"s...

greenford,i have '99 f350 notice you have bushwackers cut away fender flares how hard is it to install?

I have 265-16's on mine with stock rims. I've never had any problems what so ever with soft sand. Can't say much about mud, I try to stay away from that stuff.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by norcalfisherman View Post
    greenford,i have '99 f350 notice you have bushwackers cut away fender flares how hard is it to install?
    norcal I didn't install mine. I paid the place to do it. These are the cut out flares and I wasn't gonna mess with cuting the sheet metal myself. They do make some that don't need to be cut out and a friend did his own and said it was easy.

yeah i need to go with the cut away style went to big on the tires its chewing up the fenders,thanks

I think a 285/75 is the biggest you can put on a stock Sub without rubbing.

you can always crank the torsion bars a bit, or use F150 torsion keys to lift an inch or 3 and try to fit a 32" tire under there.

Quote Originally Posted by norcalfisherman View Post
    I didn't do the work to be honest. They are the cut out version so I had the shop do it.