Pier and Surf Forum banner

james river today

Pier Report: 
2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  derekmalpass 
#1 ·
fished king lincoln and the hilton school pier 2 hours before and during the high tide. using shrimp cut blues,cut spot,clams,and gulp bloodworms.only saw a couple of pecks,no decent bites whatsoever,got cold around 11 and went home. when i left, the swells were breaking over the seawall behind the school. the raymonds calendar said that the fishing would suck today, maybe i should have looked at it before i wasted 4 hours of my time. oh well, could have been worse, could have had to work

#5 ·
clean one, try the JRB pier(king lincoln and the hilton school pier 2, i don't know if we're talking bout the same place. not too familiar with the area, i just know the JRB). i used to do really good there every striper season. always caught my limit of stripers out at the end, using live spot on a ff rig. i hook them thru the nose. haven't had much time to fish this year. sigh....working and moving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.