Thread: james river today

james river today

fished king lincoln and the hilton school pier 2 hours before and during the high tide. using shrimp cut blues,cut spot,clams,and gulp bloodworms.only saw a couple of pecks,no decent bites whatsoever,got cold around 11 and went home. when i left, the swells were breaking over the seawall behind the school. the raymonds calendar said that the fishing would suck today, maybe i should have looked at it before i wasted 4 hours of my time. oh well, could have been worse, could have had to work

Quote Originally Posted by clean one View Post
    fished king lincoln and the hilton school pier 2 hours before and during the high tide. using shrimp cut blues,cut spot,clams,and gulp bloodworms.only saw a couple of pecks,no decent bites whatsoever,got cold around 11 and went home. when i left, the swells were breaking over the seawall behind the school. the raymonds calendar said that the fishing would suck today, maybe i should have looked at it before i wasted 4 hours of my time. oh well, could have been worse, could have had to work
    Yeah the school pier is about a mile or less from my house but I havn't tried to fish there for years , used to be good grounds but not since so I've heard.

jerry

i usually catch several fish, last saturdaym we caught spot,croaker,trout,blues,and a flounder. i have caught some huge croakers there earlier this year,just nothing today

man, i'm 21 now, but i remember essentially learning how to fish at the riverdside pier when i was about 10 or 11. what a great place. caught my first ever flounder there.

clean one, try the JRB pier(king lincoln and the hilton school pier 2, i don't know if we're talking bout the same place. not too familiar with the area, i just know the JRB). i used to do really good there every striper season. always caught my limit of stripers out at the end, using live spot on a ff rig. i hook them thru the nose. haven't had much time to fish this year. sigh....working and moving.

I used to be a chef at the resterant there and the pier always did better at night for stripers , fishing a double jig set up, cast and retrive.

jerry

i live in hilton so and im off on mondays and tuesdays so if any of you guys ever want company drop me a line.