Pier and Surf Forum banner

Myrtle Beach newbie fishing help

132K views 94 replies 56 participants last post by  BeachLife 
#1 ·
thanks to SCSpanishJigger for upgrading my original post. I did some last bit editing and I think we got a pretty good sticky for the top of the page.

Newbies should get some questions answered here. Once again...I didn't go into artificial baits because the list would be too long.

[Moderator Edit]
Thanks, SmoothLures for that link later in the thread.
I am going to put it here in the first post.

2012-13 SCDNR Regulations. Those are the most recent regulations, rather than the ones in the images below (from 2009).

#29 ·
you can get a combo from wal-mart or somewhere like it for around 20-30 bucks that will work just fine. just a simple open-face reel on a 7 or 8 foot rod will do ok.

now, you can obviously spend a lot more than that if you want, but you dont have to.

#44 ·
Great helpful thread to another out of towner. Thanks for the information. I came down to Tybee Island this summer and fell in love with the fishing. I thought I had posted a fishing report on here but I can't find it. It will be a little late, but I'll try and post some pictures. I fished the northern jettie and had a blast. I even got into a (short) battle with a tarpon! Thanks again.
-House

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.