Thread: Bridge in Washington NC

Bridge in Washington NC

I was coming back from Havelock NC yesterday and saw quite a few anglers fishing from a bridge on Highway 17 in Washington NC. Anyone familiar with this bridge and / or what they were fishing for. My guess would be Perch or maybe Crappie. Any info would be appreciated.

Peace

P-Town

is it too early for the shad run?

They are mostly catching white perch with an occasional rock mixed in from what I understand. Some pretty good sized fish too. As far as the shad go I dont know if they even come up in here, I have never seen any.

Starting to pick up a few shad here and there, the main run might be a little early this year from what I have been hearing. Most anglers fishing that area are picking up undersized stripers and an occasional trout. Many are trying to find the yellow perch and crappie, but the yp's are hit and miss this year. Haven't heard much about the white perch yet, hope they show up before long.

In the spring and summer, the Hwy 17 bridge and the old railroad bridge east of there hold nice Large Mouth Bass. I've caught Bass on one cast and then flounder on the next in the same location.

The white perch have been there for over a month at the bridge with some very nice size fish being caught in the 1 to 1 and a half lb range. the yellow perch as you call them or redfin as they are known here have been caught along with nice crappie up in the creeks as they are going in to spawn. That is about over now though and will be awhile before the rockfish start biting good and strong.