Pier and Surf Forum banner

Penn Conflict Reels Half Price- Nuese Sport Shop Kingston NC

3K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  1BadF350 
#1 ·
Just a Heads Up

I was in Neuse Spport Shop in Kinston today.
The Conflict is a step up from the Penn Battle 2 Neuse Sport Shop is selling them for $75.00 regular price is 139.99

They have as follows 2000, 4000, 5000, and 6000 series reels in stock.

When they are gone they are gone

I Bought two .. Deal was too good to pass up ....

Please disregard the Kingston ... iPad spell checker...it's supposed to be Kinston

#2 ·
Man... Couldn't resist and ended up buying a 4k on-line last night. Free shipping too.

I'm in the middle of thinning the herd and getting one of these doesn't help.

I've read that it's being discontinued and that's the reason for the sale, but I still see it listed on Penn website.

#3 ·
Make sure you check the penn website for a special offer on a dry bag, fill the info out online and send em 9.95.... you are supposed to spend 199.00 to qualify. I think they are going off of SRP and not what you actually paid if you fill out the form online.... all you have to do is fill in the UPCs ..

#7 ·
I stopped by there for the first time yesterday. I've been wanting to get a Conflict from them online, yet here I was in there store, and didn't buy one. I was distracted by how amazing the place was! I didn't spend any time in the boating, men's clothing, women's clothing, home furnishing, or hunting areas, just the fishing - and I was impressed. I think they have every Mirrolure color in stock. (I saw a schoolbus-yellow one so that tells me something).

Now I gotta order one online.

#9 ·
I'd say telephone them and get confirmation if the stock was out or not. The clerk who was helping me said initially they received seven full pallets of reels. When I was there they didn't have any 3000s but the one in an open box on the counter. That's why I didn't mention 3000s Now you confirm that they do. Definitely worth the call I think.Yes at the rate they are selling it won't take long for them to be depleted.

#10 ·
I've seen the 2000 disappear and reappear from their list. Perhaps it has to do with what they find on the pallets. I meant to order a 2000 this morning (I thought I saw it last night), but there are only the 3,4, and 6 left.

I got a 4k and a Sedona 1k for my son - now also half-price.

#11 ·
neuse web doesnt show the 5000 so i tried amazon.
ordered 2 coming from newse at 74.99.
ill see if i get them.
maybe they have additional stock for amazon ?

if you go to amazon click the used and new tab under the listing.
amazon shows them for 112.68.

Thanks 2na.

#18 ·
I got my 4000 in the mail from NSS. Fast shipping (and free!) like Amazon. Well, I gave the handle a spin and noticed RIGHT AWAY it was sluggish and came to stop very quickly. I got my Battle II 4000 out and gave it a spin and it went on and on. In fact, it almost stopped with the handle at the 12 o'clock position but it went just past it...and fell to the 6 o'clock. Do you think it's packed full of grease? I thought the Conflict would be as good or better than the Battle II.

#23 ·
I had a feeling that Penn was dumping these, They just announced the Conflict II's at the ICAST trade show ,

Penn has also announced a upgrading of the International's ,making them more competitive with the other reels on the market

Not sure what the upgrade is, on the Conflict II's but the Conflict is still a fine reel, and it was a great price

#27 ·
This talks about the upgrades It's a press release from Penn, not a big fan of the Resin parts glad I got the one's I did

PENN Conflict II
COLUMBIA, SC - The PENN Conflict II features stealthy cosmetics, a smooth HT-100 carbon fiber drag system and a lightweight design, making it the lightest PENN reel to date.* The RR30 Rigid Resin body and rotor are extremely lightweight and durable – 20% lighter than the first-generation Conflict.

The next generation of PENN Conflict reels combines the comfort of a lightweight reel with the durability expected from a PENN. Additionally, the Leveline System places the line back onto the spool with little cross over or large gaps when being re-spooled.

The Conflict II is also updated with PENN's CNC Gear Technology and high quality stainless steel ball bearings, making it the ultimate PENN inshore reel.

MSRP ranges from $149.99-$199.95.

#31 ·
Received 2 more 4000's today, good deal. Thanks Jolly for heads up and info on Conflict II. I thought models were Battle then Spinfisher then Conflict, guess I was thinking wrong, still a good deal and a good reel. If I buy anymore she's going to cutoff more than my allowance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.