Cobia 101 help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobia 101 help

That's what I was thinking. First jack I got was a couple years ago on 15lb braid down cocoa beach Florida. That first run was epic even for this small guy. He inhaled a gotcha plug.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0127_1495413841344.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	35905  

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I went with the penn 6500 spinfisher. There's only 1-1.5 oz difference between the 5500 and 6500 hopefully not a noticeable difference. I'm a huge penn fan. Especially the spinfisher line. Im sure there are lighter reels but I like that it's a closed system. Makes it nice for a surf reel as this rod won't be just for cobia. Prob gonna soak a live eel from surf or cut mullet while me and the wife and kiddos play when I'm not on the pier.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinzfan82 View Post
    I went with the penn 6500 spinfisher. There's only 1-1.5 oz difference between the 5500 and 6500 hopefully not a noticeable difference. I'm a huge penn fan. Especially the spinfisher line. Im sure there are lighter reels but I like that it's a closed system. Makes it nice for a surf reel as this rod won't be just for cobia. Prob gonna soak a live eel from surf or cut mullet while me and the wife and kiddos play when I'm not on the pier.
    Mullet can work,but jmho,menhaden will give you a better chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Phinzfan82 View Post
    Mullet can work,but jmho,menhaden will give you a better chance...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12