Best way to continue fishing

Thread: Best way to continue fishing

Best way to continue fishing

Ok for the most part all I have ever had to do is bait a hook and throw it in the water. Never been to successful at catching much. I'm planning a fishing trip next weekend. I just got my rod and reel in... should I even worry about jiggs? And making my rigs, ect... or just buy standard stuff like the Carolina rig... and put some shrimp on it like I always do? Also wondering a good peir to go onto around myrtle beach. 30lbs test line is what I bought... is that too much or too little for what I would be catching off of a peir? Not looking to catch any monster fish... just some decent size....any advice you guys can give would be appreaciated... just need a point in the right direction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Get some floro and learn to tie your own rigs. As for catching more, I turned up the catching by (starting to) learn how to read surf structure. Two fishermen can be 50' apart: 1 will catch fish all day, the other may get a stray here and there. Why? the 1st guy knows where to put the bait. One of the biggest things I have learned is that is it not how far you throw it but how well you place the bait.

As for casting lures: gotcha and metal spoons will serve fine. I like to trim down the trebles to one hook until they rust, then I replace them with a good single hook.

Heading down tomorrow, what peir do you guys recommend? One of the piers had fallen, Long ago is their still debris underneath it?

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Fished Garden city a couple of weeks ago. Using shrimp and circle hooks, near the wash of the incoming tide, was non-stop action.

What does this tell u guys?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170519_221305_1495247108905.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	35721  

Well at least I was catching fish, ended up feeding the sharks quite a bit.... caught 20-30 fish... most were probably about 7 or 8 inches.... and most were whiting... was fun tho there were some guys slaying the makerals tho... this one guy with a 15ft poll was killing it. A 10 hook gig they were selling at the peir is what he was using.The day before I got there he had caught 19 was only able to keep 2 of them.