Gander Mountain Closing

Thread: Gander Mountain Closing

Gander Mountain Closing

Closing all 126 stores, must use gift cards by 5/18. Not the best but hate to see it go, acquired by Camping World, another step towards Bass Pro being the only one.

I hate to see them go too. Many times they had what Cabela's didn't have. I wonder if they will have clearance sales like they did when their other stores closed.

Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    I hate to see them go too. Many times they had what Cabela's didn't have. I wonder if they will have clearance sales like they did when their other stores closed.
    Yes, Google website, all details, just no prices.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

"Not so fast" folks, to quote the new owner, who says he plans to keep seventy stores open, after liquidation of current stock. But yes, gift cards need to be used by the announced date.

I stopped by the store in Morrisville (Raleigh) NC for the first time and boy is stuff expensive there. Even with 25% off most of the items there wasn't anything worth buying.

KBueno

The store closest to me has been closing for a couple months now. They have about 5 weeks left before they finally lock the door...I have yet to buy anything their prices are so high even though they are "discounted" .

Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and use my cards soon

About the only deals they ever had were used guns. It was just too expensive to buy from them. At least Dick's had clearance items that were good deals. Gander was destined to be shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillJ View Post
    "Not so fast" folks, to quote the new owner, who says he plans to keep seventy stores open, after liquidation of current stock. But yes, gift cards need to be used by the announced date.
    OP based on info at gandermountain.com

Quote Originally Posted by twbranch View Post
    It was just too expensive to buy from them. At least Dick's had clearance items that were good deals. Gander was destined to be shut down.
    Higher prices and less selection is probably what finished them off. Bass Pro is my choice over Cabela's, too. It looks like the Gander liquidators jacked up the prices before starting the closeouts to inflate their profits. Personally, I won't miss Gander, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    OP based on info at gandermountain.com
    What else can I say. That info was outdated soon after it was posted. Owner says he'll keep 70 stores.

Just made a run over to the one in Winchester Va. , NO BIG Mark downs , fishing15% off , camping 15% to20% , guns the same, Clothing 20%to 30% off , No Big Deals

Yeti 10% off... I did buy some shorts but I'd planed to do that anyway , The gal at the checkout said they told them last Wednesday afternoon at starting Sunday that was it.

Funny thing is that there's a Camping World(new owners) next door . So whats next.... "Camping and Outdoor World" for the last 70 stores there keeping????

was at the Winchester store once, reloading components were way overpriced, never went back.
    js

I was in the Fredericksburg store last week ....no deals. According to the store clerk, they will be one of the 70 that stay open under the name "Gander Outdoors"

I was in the Newnan Ga. store yesterday , they will stay open as "Gander Outdoors" too , No deals to be had ,

The clerk said he's hearing that they plan on bringing in a lot more camping stuff , Thought they would ,

Camping World bought them out, I went to the one in Johnstown Pa, most items was only marked down 10% and guns only 5%. Walmart was still way cheaper with the mark down

At 10% it makes it almost MSRP

just got this ....up to 40% off now
    http://link.email.gandermountain.com...lZG3ftTmE=.enc

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    just got this ....up to 40% off now
    http://link.email.gandermountain.com...lZG3ftTmE=.enc
    "Up to" 40% off. Probaly just a scam, with only a few items that have a decent discount.

The one near me is claiming 70% off now....supposed to be clising the doors this week i think ..and I have still not found a deal I wanted to grab . Maybe I'll go shopping this weekend

Ran over there this evening...the 70% was off of leftover kids winter hats and mittens. ...socks were 40% some fishing was 30-40% but nothing really good...firearms are 25% but we're clearly marked way up before down.

As an exmple. In the recent past I had held a remington 1911 blued with rosewood grips at that store and pondered buying it for their everyday price of $699...I didn't because I knew I had seen it in their sales add for $599 on ocasion.....now watch the math....tonight the price WAS $999 on CLEARANCE for $749.

Amazingly you could tell the stuff that was marked way up...it had handwritten was and now signs on it. The regular stuff that was actually around %30 off had the original msrp hang tags on it still.