Doubling back for the Choppers!

Thread: Doubling back for the Choppers!

Doubling back for the Choppers!

I rarely make the drive 2 weeks in a row, but from what I hear, the choppers are still heavy in the surf zone around Oceana pier and Ft Macon. Any updates would be appreciated since I'd be leaving Charlotte tomorrow afternoon! Thanks guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I'm heading down too, but the wind looks wicked. SW 15-25 on Saturday. Last time it was like that, I had so much trouble holding bottom, I just went in. But that's not stopping me. I'll drive down to the inlet and hide from the wind by the Coast Guard station if need be. If any one has any tips on holding bottom in rough conditions, that'd be appreciated.

Windy for the weekend here too. So much for wading the shoals. Typical on my days off.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

just checked out chasintails on facebook. looks like the bite is still on big time in surf. guess i'll stand back and throw spoons

Keep a eye on weather.Forecast says 3-6 inches of rain monday into tuesday....wind/rain may dirty up water

Well, they were still there last weekend. I just couldn't get them to hit anything artificial - topwater, spoons, I was drawing blanks. I got a few pounders, pound and a half, to hit topwater. I just don't like fishing on bottom so I ended up not getting any big boys.