Daytona Beach Next Week

Thread: Daytona Beach Next Week

Daytona Beach Next Week

Bringing the kids down the 11 thru the 15th. I fish NC beaches all the time wanna know what should I bring with me. Whats biting now? Is bait easy to catch with castnet? We kayak baits for sharks back home is it legal down in daytona? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Kinda replying to my own post but ive been reading that the blues are everywhere down there just gotta see where n how to get bait. Prob not bringing the kayak down just try n cast some rigs out. Getting things ready for my first trip of the year pretty exciting.

I wish I knew more about the area to help you out..........I will be going down to St. Augustine/Crescent Beach area at the end of May and that will be a new fishing experience for me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I called down to a bait n tackle shop called the fishin hole the guy i talked to was really nice and told me its pretty much full swing right now. Pompano whiting blues drumb and sharks all in the surf right now.

Awesome.....glad they were able to give you some info over the phone......now the wait begins

well - I think there have been 6 shark bites in the last few months on the Florida Coast
    so sharks are definately in the water !! If you can't catch them on a hook,
    dangle your arms and legs in the water.
    oh - and shuffle your feet when you walk in the surf - sting rays are everywhere and
    leave a nasty wound when you are poked with the barb.

Last year on oak island, nc a school of pogeys came down the beach i sent my oldest down the beach getting folks out the water i prob caught 200 menhaden in 1 throw of my 6ft net. 1live one on a rod put a 4ft blacktip on the beach in seconds. No body had a clue what was going on. Its not the sharks fault its humans pay attention to whats going on and everything will be ok

add 3 more shark bites to the list on East Coast Florida beaches the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliP View Post
    Last year on oak island, nc a school of pogeys came down the beach i sent my oldest down the beach getting folks out the water i prob caught 200 menhaden in 1 throw of my 6ft net. 1live one on a rod put a 4ft blacktip on the beach in seconds. No body had a clue what was going on. Its not the sharks fault its humans pay attention to whats going on and everything will be ok
    Why? Are pogeys dangerous?

You can watch the school of (I call them menhaden) and tell if predators are in the mix. Typically you will have blues or mackeral or even cobia and Jack's up top on the school and almost guaranteed if the small predators are up top, there will be sharks underneath

Fish don't jump out of water for fun, something is trying to eat them, or they are eating something else.

Been on the beach about 2hrs not much happening yet hope it picks up. Anybody know a place on the river i can go catch some finger mullet. Im actually staying more on Ormond Beach

Hot the big goose egg in Florida fished ponce inlet yesterday and today with no fish on the beach. I did get 2 mullet bit off to the hook but no hook ups. It was so rough i used 6 ounce sputnik sinker to stay still but between the current and the damn seaweed i never even saw the bite. Back to my waters in NC in a few weeks hope my luck changes

Well dang......that's why it's called fishing and not catching. Figured you would have gotten at least something while you were there. I'm going to hit the flats next weekend and then it will be a month before I make a surf trip.