I could use a few of these. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I could use a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by CYT View Post
    Hope you're hittin the water today Andy......I know you are, 60 deg. weather and all.......
    Send us a good full moon freshwater report w/ pics OK?
    OK, but will be brackish water, not fresh water. I am fishing Marshy Hope Creek now. Going to be nice today 1/13/17, but going to get cold again very soon, maybe tomorrow.

Andy, I'll be putting the jigs in the mail today. I included some extras too. How do these look?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6397.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	30618 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6396.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	30626 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6399.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	30634

They look great Jim. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Fished two Hrs. this morning. Not one fish. Not one bite. It was 54 degree at 7:00 AM when I started fishing. I could feel the Temp. dropping in the little time I was fishing. It got a little cold in a hurry. Not one fish!!! Try again tomorrow.

Thanks Andy! They're in the mail, so you should get them in a few days.

It was in the 70's here today!

Quote Originally Posted by andypat View Post
    Fished two Hrs. this morning. Not one fish. Not one bite. It was 54 degree at 7:00 AM when I started fishing. I could feel the Temp. dropping in the little time I was fishing. It got a little cold in a hurry. Not one fish!!! Try again tomorrow.
    A rare skunk for ya.

I fished Hillsboro around 4pm, got 2 small yellows in 1/2 hr. I beat you Andy....yeah! LOL

1st time there, fished a 2.5" "gulp" minnow(actually a jerk bait), Chartreuse and white on a 1/24 lead head.
    Don't think the run has started up there yet. It was low tide. Think the incomming will produce better up here.

Nice jigs. I went fishing day before yesterday and wound up with either a cold or sinus infection; otherwise, I would probably have been out there today as well. Hope to lay low over the weekend and recover so I can get back out next week. I did tie half a dozen jigs today but just didn't really feel like doing very many.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1750c20r.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	30642  

Dang Jerry! I had an upper respiratory infection a few months back. Started as a head cold, then a tickle & cough in my throat. I thought I was never going to get over it. I felt like crap & didn't want to do much. The jigs look great, but man take care of yourself! The fish will still be there waiting for you!

I'm trying. My nose is running like a sugar tree in March, head ache, sore throat and some chest congestion. I called the doctor today and he prescribed a Z pak antibiotic. That usually knocks it out pretty quick. I sure hope so. I ate the last of the catch for dinner tonight-gotta go get some more!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Norris View Post
    Nice jigs. I went fishing day before yesterday and wound up with either a cold or sinus infection; otherwise, I would probably have been out there today as well. Hope to lay low over the weekend and recover so I can get back out next week. I did tie half a dozen jigs today but just didn't really feel like doing very many.
    Being from California, I gotta tell ya, those gold and Chartreuse jigs look sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by CYT View Post
    A rare skunk for ya.

I fished Hillsboro around 4pm, got 2 small yellows in 1/2 hr. I beat you Andy....yeah! LOL

1st time there, fished a 2.5" "gulp" minnow(actually a jerk bait), Chartreuse and white on a 1/24 lead head.
    Don't think the run has started up there yet. It was low tide. Think the incomming will produce better up here.
    Is that where it use to be called Red Bridges? Or did you fish the boat ramp area in town? If that is where you were? I will fish that area sometime in Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Norris View Post
    -------Perfect!! You guys make nice jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjim5589 View Post
    Andy, any indication of the weight on those jigs? I would be glad to make a few for you.

I spent some time the other day painting up some shad darts, and hope to get them tied over the weekend.
    Jim, you mailed the 1/32 jigs to me around 1/12/17. I just got them in the mail today 3/17/17. They must have been lost in the mail and just delivered. Check is in the mail. They look great. I really like the gold hooks. Thanks!!

Where do you guys get your bucktail (or whatever you're using) for your jigs? I don't have a fly shop around me unfortunately and haven't really found any good deals online

Get in touch with Jerry Norris, or bigjim5589 on this fishing forum for jigs/darts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajv5148 View Post
    Where do you guys get your bucktail (or whatever you're using) for your jigs? I don't have a fly shop around me unfortunately and haven't really found any good deals online
    I get most of my stuff from Barlow's and mostly use synthetic dressing materials (Fish hair, flashabou, crystal flash, etc.) except I do use kiptails (calf tails) for shad darts. Jans Netcraft and Mudhole also have some good stuff.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/

http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/

http://www.mudhole.com/

Thanks Jerry, I appreciate it. This is the first time since I started tying a few years ago that I haven't lived near a fly shop so I appreciate you giving me some good sites. Some times a google search gives you more answers than you really need

You're welcome. Tochtermans is a local (if you consider Baltimore City local) fly shop that has about everything.

https://www.facebook.com/Tochtermans...0396941998311/

A fly shop in Baltimore city. Who woulda thunk it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12