Question: Dogfish set-up for pier in winter - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dogfish set-up for pier in winter

Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    Could TODAY be the Day for Garbo, or will it be tomorrow.. Warm Air temps SW wind forecasted and warm water is coming..Attachment 30538Attachment 30538
    Hope it is.

First Citation Drum 40+ inches...Garbo wont settle for a Participation Trophy either ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaBig2na View Post
    First Citation Drum 40+ inches...Garbo wont settle for a Participation Trophy either ...
    Didn't think he would,...... Wrong Generation

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    Didn't think he would,...... Wrong Generation
    Made a good effort today, never could get out of the Dog Pound.

Here is the rundown for 1-12-17

8:00 AM Ramp 49 at the Barrier
    Woof Woof and lots of grass

11:00 AM Ramp 55 at the end of the Pole Road
    Woof Woof and a little grass, but a lot of trees out in the inlet area.

3:00 PM until 5:00 PM Cape Point
    Woof Woof on every cast.
    I decided to pay myself $.05 per Woof Woof to transfer them from the South Side of the Tip to the North Side of the Tip, made nearly $.80 before I decided it was time to leave before the Narrows shut down.

The were some fellas catching Black Drum and Puppy Drum on the tip of the Point with their baits into the N Side.

All in all I think I caught well over 150 Pounds of Woof Woof on the Hoof today.

One of these times I am going to set the hook into something Large and Drum like...

Spent the day on the beach in shorts and a tee shirt with only the late afternoon at the Point in a Hoodie. Real nice for January

Keep on Druming,we're all waiting for the first one

Keep on Druming,we're all waiting for the first one
    After 400 pounds of prime NC Dog Sharks in the last week I have decided to take a break on feeding them and go up and drink beer in a bar with pretty girls.

Up in Nags Head at the moment and took Nick's CTS S7 Demo road out on the beach with a 5 ounce Stingsilver and I have to tell you I am conflicted

Woke up this morning thinking I am a Century Man.

Nick had offered up his CTS Demo and I decided since I was in town for a few days I felt I should at try it out.

I think some of the fellas are using a S6, but this S7 70/30 rated for 8-12 ounces is now my BFF I think it was casting just as far as the Century and is a little lighter, which comes into play for folks who remember riding around in Chevy Vans with naked women wearing nothing but beads....

S7 was bombing out the Stingsilver and the spool on the SL30SH was still wanting to hum at the end of the cast.

Will be ordering 2 from Nick shortly. May even try and get the Demo rod at discount as chasing these girls up in Nags Head is expensive compared to hanging out with the Black Geese and Gull crowd on the beach, where a 12 pack of Busch runs you around $10.00 before ice.

Keep your eye on the prize, The Man Tournament Those pretty girls will lead you astray (if your lucky)

Keep your eye on the prize, The Man Tournament Those pretty girls will lead you astray (if your lucky)
    Everyone I talk to about going through all these Dog Fish look at me with a slight hint of amusement as in what do I expect this time of year a miracle Drum?

The one positive outcome is getting old Garbo back in fishing shape, and getting my timing and power down for Drum cast. There was no one on the beach this afternoon in KDH save for a few Dog walker types.

It is 2:50 PM here in KDH and I think I am going to crack open a Busch and see if it tastes like a I think it is going to taste. If it tastes really good I am going to drink about 8-9 before going to the bar, to make it a little less impact on my aspirations for a matched pair of S7's ready to go for 2017 MAN Tournament Official Kick-Off March 1, 2017.

Seriously though The CTS S7 is one bad ass stick for Drum Fishing and my thoughts are if I can get everyone to order a bunch from Nick, he will be too busy watching thread spinning on a blank to get out in front of me come March on Ocracoke.

I did meet HuntNC on the Point over the Weekend, he is now FishNC and he is not shy about spending serious $$ on Drum gear, nice fella who left Garbo two fresh ocean Fatback that were chased out the water by Sharks at the Point. Have yet to see anyone doing much deep water wading at the Point this winter, wonder why
    Last edited by Garboman; 01-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123