Question: 2015 F150 burried twice FAST... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 F150 burried twice FAST...

Put the 20"s on Craig's list or facebook as a trade for stock 17's.. some kid somewhere close by will bite

I dont want to get crap for it. Truck only has 15000 miles on it, so I would have to get nice trade, not junk. Found a couple sets (18") cheap, just need some extra cash to go get them

Air down to 15- 18lbs. Unless you are going uphill in very soft sand you should not have a problem.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Thought id post an update to this...ran the Duramax camper combo on 20 in rims at 25 psi up front 30 psi back and had zero problems for a week on portsmouth island. Still think in time I'll replace the 20s with 17s but for now I'm comfortable with what I ran.

WTF did I do wrong? You are about twice as heavy empty and naked and I got burried twice! Da Funk???

Easy fix!!! Air down 1st!!!
    When you get stuck or come to a stop.....

.....don't gas on it. If you buried it to the frame, I would assume that the problem is: Operator Error!

And sometimes it could simply be that the tracks you're running in on the beach are too deep and you're "plowing sand with the pumpkin".....has happened once in very soft sand in my motorhome. Simply backed up before digging down further and rode down the center rather than in the tracks. This also may require digging out the rear pumpkin so you can actually back up and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeangler View Post
    Easy fix!!! Air down 1st!!!
    I was aired down to 20 on the pavement pad just past the fish cleaning tables

When you get stuck or come to a stop.....
    I did. First and 2nd time. I seriously buried it so quick it didn't matter how fast I stopped

If you buried it to the frame, I would assume that the problem is: Operator Error!
    Possible, always possible. I am not always the quickest of cats at the best of times. BUT I have driven on sand from Oregon Inlet to O'Coke and NEVER got stuck before this trip. I spent 10-12 weekends a year in the sand with my Tundra and never had issues. IDK, the only thing that changed was the truck. Makes me wonder about the 4WD system. Shouldn't have sold the Yoda

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12