Pier and Surf Forum banner

Any jet ski fishermen on here?

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  IPNURWATER 
#1 ·
Just curious.
I have watched jet ski Brian for a few years. this year I finally tried it sound-side in Hatteras and it was very productive.

#2 ·
I don't know of any here alexy. But when I'm out on the Er I seen two or three skis rigged for it but only one of them I actually seen fishing .the other two were those I wanna be cool guys with all the sticker etc. I watch one of them flip his ski and lose his yeti and rear rod holder rack that holds the cooler to.he recovered the cooler but not the rack so there is a ski rod -cooler rack near the cove in the Er.

#3 ·
Alexy: As I get more time in my life I am leaning more and more towards doing this over kayak fishing. For another good yak I can get a used jet ski. I know it is more to run and outfit but seems like I would be able to access more and fish more rather than using time to get places. How shallow can you run in a ski (average)?

#4 ·
You can go down to a foot. Fishing wise you can just pull up on shallows and walk over to a spot if you need to. I know at speed I have run in less than a foot to get over a shoal to deeper water but it was water i knew well enough to do that. I watched for about 3 years and pulled the plug this summer and did it. only thing I regret is not doing it sooner. The cost is nowhere near what a boat is and you can get in far skinnier water with a ski. I have stayed sound side in Hatteras and I was able to hit everything from specks, flounder, and even went clamming.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.