Sea Puppy

Thread: Sea Puppy

Sea Puppy

Anybody heard outta that fruit cake lately?

WD, last I heard was 3/22/2011 he was having some pretty serious medical issues and moved in with his Brother in South Florida.

Thanks Catch. He had been having problems for a long time. I do feel sorry for his brother.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

What kind of health issues was he having?

Darin

Mental.

Man, there's a blast from the past. I'd totally forgotten about that dude. A little weird but always entertaining.

Here is an excerpt of what Sea Puppy posted on 3/22/2011 after moving in with his brother.

"... I'm in South FL.(Fort Myers on the Gulf Coast) now and will be making a 2nd trip home for the rest of my things in a week or so. I have a free room here at my brothers home...It turns out that when I was in the hospital I had a light stroke that is effecting my balance,speaking and I have hand tremors all the time. We're working towards disability."

I never did hear if he ever made it back home or what happened after that. He was a character and did post some interesting stories of his exploits on the banks.
    Last edited by Catch This; 07-15-2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling

I've saved a PM Sea Puppy sent me in 2006. He gave me some good advice. His stories of fishing with his dog(s) were great.

It's a wonder HSUS didn't sue him for the treatment he heaped on his poor dog. The dog was the one I felt sorry for. He stayed in the vets office due to hooks in his lips, feet. hide.

Top notch man, excellent writer, his writings turned into books would be huge. Hopes he's still fishin' somewhere

You get a peek at the vets bills wdbrand?

Just read his posts on taking dog to the vet more than one time. As far as an excellent writer, a third grader could have done better, grammer wise. His posts and stories were interesting. I ain't no English major either.

Wd was a patient at the same vet guys. Hes still a little sore about it

Kingfish would know. He was the COO of shoveling out the dog runs. Reason he's so full of it.

wdbrand - YOU started the thread! Yea, he was a little off - AS WE ALL ARE. Saw him 2x. He liked what he did. He loved the history of OBX, Why did you open a thread to belittle someone that might not be with us anymore?? I think a lot less of you - yea, I know you don't give a sh#t. glenn

Quote Originally Posted by wdbrand View Post
    Kingfish would know. He was the COO of shoveling out the dog runs. Reason he's so full of it.
    Pretty much. I did enjoy his stories, but i can understand the finer side of literature, unlike someone who still thinks green eggs and ham should be possum and spam. Translation: "U BE A DUMMY BUTT"

I see there are still some salty people here on the forum. I remember Sea Puppy from way back when. I sure hope he is doing okay.

We may need to do a roll call of regulars that haven't posted in a while and see how they are doing.

Thanx For the Concern WD !!

Fruit Cake?? Ha! Ha! ;>}= Why thanx W-D Comin’ from you, I look at ‘fruit cake’ as a compliment!!

I have risen from the near dead & doin' pretty good here in Sunny South Florida. Luv’ it here.

Planin' a good, long trip to Portsmouth & Lookout this year for about 4 months on the beach. (Sept-Dec) Last year I did 60 days on Lookout out of a four month road-trip. Have a Cherry 80' J-20 (JEEP Pickup) & a very customized truckcamper. Actually, I live in the camper. No big house to keep up, no bills or rent. Really like havin' nothin' .

Lost The “MysticWarrior” in May-'11. Was very tough. Took 5 years to get over it. THE Best Friend I ever had. Have a new companion. A Border Collie named 'StormyNight'. She did well last year on Lookout. Luv's the beach & surf-fishin'. A worthy pup to follow in the footsteps of “The Warrior”. And...Ha! .. No Surgery on her YET!

Btw:
    I’ve been postin' my old stories on drumwagon.com since April -'16. They have been gone through. All the spellin' & grammer have been corrected with lots of advice added into them. ( & ..NO.. I still don't know how to spell " ing " !!! “ in’ “ is my trademark...)
    I guess I could post some of ‘em here if ya'll would be interested. Adventures from 2004-2008. I have about 80 of 'em.

Hope everyone is doin’ ok.

I know old post....Oh, & W-D.. A friend e-mailed me about this post ;>}= Had to answer it. Thx for askin’ . Pretty funny........

Spent spring break near Ft. Myers on Sanibel Island, it is nice country but too long of a hot summer for me. Plenty of good fishing and sea shelling down that way too !!

Ate dinner the first night we got there and Mike Pence was in the restaurant with his wife and about 20 secret Service folks, nice surprise and even nicer guy that hung around after his dinner signing autographs and taking pictures with everyone else in the restaurant.

Welcome back from the "dead" looking forward to more fish tales ...

Welcome back Bruce! Sorry to hear about the Warrior. Keep on posting and stay away from those bull sharks down in Florida. They're meaner down there...