Pier and Surf Forum banner

South Jersey Fishing Report

Surf Report: 
29K views 58 replies 19 participants last post by  VCAngler 
#1 ·
Hi, we fished from Sunday to Tuesday beginning in Avalon (8th St.), then into Corson's Inlet...nothing. Sunday and Monday the AC surf, hit at least 12 (9"- 15" flounder), 17" tog and 17" striper on plastic. The "talk" was kingfish on Albany Ave. the slots were a calling, we didn't make it. Tuesday we hit the high tide at Longport...nothing. We'll be heading for north jersy this weekend ,then south to MD the next week. Hopefully things will pick up.

#44 ·
I made my trip, 6-17 and 6-18. Friday was pretty nasty, windy with off and on rain. Only caught 4-6 horseshoe crabs.

Saturday went much better for us, first fish of the day was a 9-10" croaker from my girlfriend on salted clams. Ten minutes later I caught a small clear nosed skate on a whole box squid (without tentacles)

Then we moved to another area in cape may, she had a few nice hits on clam but never hooked up, 11' tsunami rod had a good bend in it and her baitfeeder started paying out line. Dropped before we could get to it.

Then around 6:00pm I had a hit and run on my 9' catfish rod... Just a few bumps then 1/4 bend and baitfeeder started peeling pretty good.

Hooked and landed my first sandshark.

Then somewhat steady action until dark of smaller sandsharks (5), skates (13) and horseshoe crabs ( lost count/didn't want to count).

We both had fun and plan to make another trip, hopefully later this year or a definite next year

Fish Fish Fishing Recreation Atlantic spanish mackerel
Fish Soil Hand Bass

#45 ·
The Summer of No Fish continued for me this weekend. Fished Saturday, Sunday and today at both ends of Brigantine as well as farther south and totaled 1 short fluke a couple baby sandsharks and half dozen throwback kings. Its almost enough to make a guy watch political conventions. Almost.

#46 ·
I was at the end of the rail section of the beach this past Saturday and had similiar results. The 4 kings I landed were a tad small. I threw up king heads and chunks, but the sharks didn't want to play. Just small doggies. I did see a HUGE ray released by the beginnign of the ORV area.

Before leaving AC, I made a quick stop at Harrah's (Absecon Bay) to see if I can land a flounder. No dice, but one of the dudes lands a nice keeper (around 22'').

BTW, why even thinking about watching the convention where there are eye candies all over the beach?? LOL!!

#58 ·
The only place I ever have luck catching fish like the red drum and Triggerfish and Tog are in Longport. Can never really catch anything on the Ocean City Pier or Atlantic City on the rocks. Good place to fish in Atlantic City is at Gardner's Basin Inlet. Lose too many lures on the Jetties.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.