Pier and Surf Forum banner

Great White Spotted 13 Miles off Rodanthe

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  luv2fish 
#1 ·
I know this is a pier and surf board but thought it was worthwhile. The Poacher (Capt. Devin), encountered a 16 ft long Great White today. Here are the pictures...

http://reelbuzz.com/fishreports/poacher/

#8 ·
Darkness

You hit the nail on the head!!!! Go to OBX Connections website, and all you will find is posts from Yankees looking forward to coming to the OBX to enjoy its pristine and laid back environment. Little do they know the place is growing out of control, and the real laid back atmosphere was back in the 60s and 70s when there was almost nothing there, and you could get on the beach on the south side of Oregon Inlet, and drive all the way to Hatteras if you chose to. Things are a changing, and not for the better. I used to take my family down 7 or 8 times a year, and my wife and I planned on retiring down there, but now we go about once a year in the late fall. The fishing isn't what it used to be and the ambience is gone. Guess I better start looking for a mountain resort community to retire to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.